Monday, March 28, 2011

Education system that kills.





I dread every morning, well on both weekends and days. Why weekends too? Cause this education system kills. I wake up on weekends worrying about the tests I have to study for, the homework I have to complete. Yes, Singapore's system is effective and blah blah. But look at the twitterfeed, one of the joys of going to school is looking forward for it to end hahaha.
Honestly, I guess that's why people migrate. People in Singapore seldom live pass 100 years old, why? Cause its damn stressed in Singapore luh.
I remembered going to Australia last holidays, nov-dec2010. The people there really enjoy life. The kids get to dye their hair, wear whatever footwear they like, take subjects of their interest like fashion. Yeah they don't have a choice of not going to school like us. The difference is that? They get to enjoy it.
I'm not complaining or anything luh, it's just that studying in Singapore equates to:
1. Worrying about PSLE.
2. Worrying about which secondary school you'll go to.
3. Worrying about Olevels.
4. Worrying about which JC/poly you'll be going to.

Just when you thought you don't have to worry anymore..........

5. Worrying about your Alevels/ poly exams.
6. Worrying about qualifying for uni/ a good job.

And no, you're not done yet.

7. Worrying about your pay.
8. Worrying about your submission of work (datelines etc)

And all that I included only consisted of the main milestones. I haven't included things like worrying about showing our parents our report cards, worrying about the remedials and extra lessons/ tuition.

I'm not complaining about the education I have, I know I'm lucky to be able to study. But,
Life sucks for a Singaporean student, doesn't it? BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment