Thursday, November 29, 2012

Gelish manicure & pedicure


Hey guys!



So it's the school holidays right now, and i've recently been into pampering myself. 
I dont usually do it cause well I have school, also i'm waaaay to lazy to apply nail polish just for the weekends.

I read quite abit of local blogs and beauty blogs randomly here and there. During mid August this year, I realise there was this new nail polish called Gelish. All the reviews spoke highly of it, mainly being long lasting and pretty looking. Even after doing all kinds of stuff like housework, amazingly it wont chip and be damage like traditional nail polishes would.

I was pretty like doubtful.... I mean WHAT SORCERY IS THIS MAN? nail polish that wont chip????? WOAAAAAH

-

I really enjoy doing my nails when i'm bored. Like on a random weekend maybe. But usually i'd be too lazy. Also, I know i'll confirm screw up somehow :( :( :( smudging, chipping, can't dry quickly etc.... It's just really a hassle sometimes.

So after Os i decided to get my nails done at a shop! I went to Far East Plaza cause like I was there shopping anyways so yeah..

I went with the usual polish though. Like a nude brown. It took quite a while to dry but urghhhhhh it's so hard for me to like zip bags, or open cans, cause i was scared that i'd damage my nails DUH.

Manicures were pretty fun, so i thought i'd go with a pedicure. It's addictive in a way, i mean, who doesnt wanna be pampered?!?!

-
I did Gelish for my toe nails, & OMG I LOVED IT SO MUCH!

The shine from the polish was so pretty! unchieveable with ttraditional ones i'd say.
The best part was it dries really quickly cause you use a UV light machine thingy.

So like after your pedicure you can like kick stuff and shit and nothing will chip or smudge! 

It's like really tough, cause i got Shawn to scratch it and it just wont come off :p

I did my toe nails ard like.... mid 2nd week of nov.

Here's how they look like now:







Amazing man.

Ever since i got my toe nails done, I realllllly wanted to do for my finger nails too!

But the thing abt gelish is that it's pretty expensive. Generally, 35$-40$+

So I began to google shit like cheapest gelish in SG.

After going through so many forums, I finally found:

SONIANTO
#05-122B
Tel: 90080448

Saw one person saying it's affordable and all. So i decided to try since i really wanted to do my nails :(

Called Veronica! the boss hehe. SHE's SUPER NICE.

Prices:

Express Manicure Gelish: 20$
Classic Manicure Gelish: 28$

That's damn cheap already! 

Chose a nudish pink colour:






After trying Gelish once, I don't think i'll ever look back really. 

Definitely recommend you girls to try it out at least once hehe.

Gelish generally lasts about a month or so, without chipping/smudging in my opinion. Honestly rlly worth a shot!

I will tell you the only reasons why you should not do gelish:
  • if you are impatient or otherwise indecisive about nail color & change it more than once a week
  • if you have problem nails such as fungus, pitting, spooning (not the romantic kind), or other nail conditions
  • if you actually like the look of chipped nails (um, heroin-chic? hate that word.)
  • if you’re on a budget (but I will say that I spend more on bottles of barely-used nail polish than I did on this $28 manicure) 
  • credits to owner

So yup! Hope this was an enjoyable post. 

x

Instagram @bellojelloz
tweet me @annabelannabelz
ask me a ques on formspring @annabelella


No comments:

Post a Comment