Sunday, May 25, 2014

J

School
this is the person who always bojios me to lunches and yes ok la jk still love her haha

Today at tuition, I met this girl, let's call her J. She's sec 3 now and yeah we gelled pretty well cuz lol too tired for this tuition thing. So we takes and I got to know a bit more about her, where she's schooling at and all. One thing that struck me was, although she didn't explicitly say it, but she was really falling through the cracks in this education system. 
She told me how she was failing almost all her subjects. The tone of her voice was so... sad. Because it didn't have a trace of hope. I asked her if she was looking to enter poly or JC, and she just said wherever her friend goes she would just follow. I could see that she was just doing this studying thingy because she has to, and it's like a never-ending routine. I know it's pretty common nowadays and she's not the only one haha. But it's definitely the first time I've personally spoken to someone who was just praying that the school wouldn't retain her at sec 3.
I just continued listening to her talk and I didn't really feel the need to tell her much because, 
there's nothing much to tell someone when they need is a listening ear right? 
I recall being a 15 year old. In a school where most people were looking to go into Business course in poly or MJ/TJ. Remembering not doing well for school (i never did well lol)... but not exactly feeling hopeless? In fact I think hope was what continued to motivate and propel me forward.

I guess it struck me that not everyone is trying to make it to the top, 
some just wanna make it out alive. 

-

On a side note I can't wait for my vlow to call me already hahahah 
SHE's TAKING FOREVER

No comments:

Post a Comment