Thursday, April 25, 2013

What am I reading?: The time traveler's wife

Hey all!
So like, my blog is generally dead cause:
1. I'm a JC student 
2. I hardly have time to go out 
3. When I go out it's probably not an interesting place

yeah you get my drift haha
SO! I decided to start this segment thing called "What am I reading?".
I know it may sound quite lame.. 
like, "wah she think she damn popular or what start this kind of thing."

I just think it'll be quite interesting, and it may help others discover a good read!
Disclaimer though: I'm gonna be very like simple in bring across my thoughts. 
Go google if you want a professional review haha

I'll probably do this every week? I try k heh

So here's my very first book:


I'm the type of person that doesn't rlly like to read..
Unless it's a genre i'm interested in or people strongly recommend it.

I love romance novels and this book was definitely a twist to the normal loveydovey plots!

Basically: It's about this guy who can time-travel. When he does, he can't bring anything with him (including his clothes). Hence, he's always on the run, usually in the buff and searching for clothes.
He can't control when he wants to time-travel or where he wants to. 
He meets this girl at different junctures of her life, and vice versa. They fall in love.
 The thing is, she spends her life waiting for him. 

My thoughts: It's sad how, he can't be with her at some of the most impt occasions. Even when they do get married, it's uncertain whether he can stay throughout the ceremony, or even be present. 





I would definitely recommend this book :) although some parts it was a bit draggy.
I would rate this: 3.9/5



till then!





No comments:

Post a Comment